Sunday, June 15, 2008

To stain or not to stain?

I found out that the floors were originally coated with wax which means that they have to be sanded before a new coast of polyurethane can go on top. Since they are going to be sanded I have the option to re-stain them. The sanding process may pull off some of the color but they would basically look the same if I did not sand them and they have kind of an orange huge. Any thoughts on whether to stain or not to stain?
(this picture is kind of dark so imagine one shade lighter....sorry!)

1 comment:

EllyJane said...

i say, if you aren't in love with the orange, now is the time to change it! you never will if you don't do it now- and it is a color you'll be living with for 5 years-ish... but if you like it, then there's no need.