We started our day at the National Museum of American History. We were both a bit disappointed at how many war focused exhibits there were but we did love seeing Julie Childs kitchen. She was a Smithie like me you know :) Check out this part of the exhibit referencing her time at Smith.
If you can't read the quote it says:
"When I came to college I was an adolescent nut...someone like me should not have been accepted at a serious institution. I spent my time growing up and doing enough work to get by."
We also loved seeing the original muppets. Did you know that Kermet is the only original muppet? Some of the other originals were named, "Mushmellon" and "Moldy Hay" and my favorite "Icky Gunk".
We then went out onto the mall and did the classic tourist thing. Take stupid pictures with the tall fallic monument :)
And we ended our day with a beer at the brewery and a cupcake from Red Velvet as the sun set.
Thanks love for a great day and the best year of my life so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment