Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hurricane

Yeah yeah I know the hubbub of the hurricane is way over but I have to share our adventures of that lovely weekend. First of all we were very lucky. No power out. No trees lost. Just a bit of a chimney leak which I had kinda forgotten about from last years rainy summer.

So, we spent the whole weekend watching movies and making great food. However, during the height of the storm my love starts to make Zucchini Bread for our gathering the next day and she realizes that we don't have Vanilla. So, I text all our neighbors and no one responds. I jump in the car and run to 711 two blocks away and they don't have it. I text a few more further away neighbors, no one responds. So, my love says we have to go to the grocery store. In the height of the storm, we (plus the dogs) get into the car in our pajamas and go to the grocery store for Vanilla!


PS. The Zucchini Bread was awesome :)

The damages to our neighborhood was minor. Our walking path was obstructed by a big fallen tree and our playing field became a pond.




And after everything had passed and some trees had been cleared we had a lovely goodbye gathering for a midwife friend who is moving to CA. Here she is with two of the babies and their mommas she delivered last year!

1 comment:

Patty said...

Oh! I am just seeing this! You never mentioned how labor intensive that zucchini bread was. It was totally worth it. ;) xo