Thursday, December 18, 2008

Role Reversal

Who will decorate the tree?????

The Christmas tradition which was broken this year is who helps to decorate the Christmas tree. Usually my dad and sister work hard on the Christmas tree while my mom and I lounge on the couch. Mom and I will each participate by adding one or two of our favorite ornaments but that is about it. This year that tradition went out the window for three reasons.

1. Christmas is on Laurel St this year, not at my parents house.
2. Martha is far away in India so she can't decorate the tree.
3. My dad had a bad cold and felt miserable.

So, Mom and I decorated a fat albert spruce tree which will be planted in my front yard this spring.

Here is how the afternoon evolved.........


Dad slept on the couch while Zeus and Lula watched over him

Mom and I strung lights

And placed the angel on top even before the lights were all on (which is definitely against family tradition but I just couldn't wait!)

But, I got so tired that I had to join Dad on the couch

In the end, there is a cute little 3 ft tree twinkling in my living room.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

oh my you're so cute i can't stand it! have a great christmas!