Tuesday, August 31, 2010

26. make a new recipe every week #1 of 52

#26 is make a new recipe every week. Well, 32 weeks have past and I definitely have not done a new recipe every week. However, if we change this goal to mean "do 52 new recipes in the next year" then I will be all set! Just yesterday I did three new recipes and here is #1.

Zucchini Verrines with Tahini Dressing
(from vegetariantimes.com)



* 3 Tbs. tahini
* 1 tsp. lemon juice
* 1/2 clove garlic, minced (1/2 tsp.)
* 2 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
* 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
* 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds

1. Whisk together tahini, lemon juice, and garlic in small bowl. Stir in 3 Tbs. water, a few drops at a time, and mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, and chill.

2. Combine zucchini and mint in bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.

3. Divide zucchini among glasses. Top each with dollop of tahini dressing, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with small forks.

No comments: