Friday, July 18, 2008

New home owner "ah ha" moment # 1

At the closing for the house the previous owner made note to tell me he had turned down the temperature of the water heater. My response was basically, "yep, OK". A month goes by and it is move in day. I'm hot and sweaty so I head to the shower to take a nice cold shower.

The next day I went to work came home and jumped in the shower. Burr it was cold.

So I climbed up into the attic with some screw drivers and pulled off the control panel cover and turned up the temperature.

The next day, another cold shower.

Up I go into the attic again. Turns out there is another control panel. Off comes the cover and up goes the temperature. Yeah, hot shower tomorrow!

Day 4, and I have learned my lesson. Test the water before you get undress and jump in the shower. It was still cold.

Up to the attic again. I confirmed that it was plugged in, read the manual again and again and again, and then came back down and called my dad.

Dad was down yesterday to do some other projects so up he went to the attic. He confirmed that I had done everything correctly (except I had the heaters turned up too high!). Then he walked over to the control panel and low and behold, the switch was off. DUH!

OK so if something is electric and it is not working check the control panel and switch it to ON.

My hot shower last night (Day 7) was excellent!

No comments: